Update cleared Machine and Tool information (Solved - able to retrieve from backup source then turn on cloud)

I updated Fusion 360 on 2/22/24. I went to Manufacture and my Machine and Tools are cleared. All the information has disappeared that I have entered in the last year and use on a regular basis. I have tried to retrieve the info with no luck. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

That is not suppose to happen. If you used the same sign on info (username/password) it is suppose to be still there. Let’s hope it is something on their end that just has not finished re-booting.

1 Like

Make sure you or it didn’t turn off the tool library. It happened to me once, and I got a patient Indian man from Autodesk who helped me turn it back on in the preferences menu.
I hope it works out for you. Whatever you do, don’t hit the RESET preferences button.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback!

2 Likes

So did you get your tools back?

Was BigDaddy the savior like he usually is? :innocent:

1 Like

Correction: Grumpy Savior. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

My wife calls me a Curmudgeon.

Google says;
A curmudgeon is a person who is easily angered, bad-tempered, and full of stubborn ideas. Curmudgeons are often described as cantankerous.

2 Likes

Thank you BigDaddy. You inspired another photoshop moment:
BigDaddyGrumpyKnight

1 Like

Very cleaver Jimmy.
1709084653354_301373420965345

1 Like

Haha! Well…Sir Cantanker-Saviorous…yes I got my tool settings back, and your feedback led me in the right direction. I had to go to an old backup laptop with Fusion on it already, turn on the cloud, copy my tools and machine settings to the cloud, then on my current laptop go to the cloud and retrieve the settings. I still have no idea why it happened…I uninstalled, logged out, etc. I think it was a problem with the laptop. My older backup laptop did the update perfectly. Thank you forum for being kind with your feedback (other forums/sites can be pretty insulting!) and for the laughs and humor!

4 Likes

It was what we live for…
22ift0

3 Likes

Good to hear. Sir Grumpy may have just earned a new moniker just because of your topic!

(Hint: BigDaddy is really a Teddy bear, wrapped in a beaver pelt and surrounding an inner core of a wolverine…forgot where I was going with that… :wink: :upside_down_face:)

2 Likes

Mrs Bigdaddy, sits here and talks to me while I texting on the phone. After ten minutes she shouts LANGMUIR!!!
I turn and look at her and she smiles.

2 Likes

I find that the shouting is much easier to gauge than the silence.

I still don’t know what the shouting means…but it is easier! :rofl:

2 Likes

Tell Mrs. Big Daddy Langmuir is better than Facebook.

4 Likes

We are a NO Facebook or X, formally known as the Twitter family. No worries there.

5 Likes

Sorry, Chickenhawk1, for hijacking your thread. We get carried away sometimes.

3 Likes

On a more serious note, I realized that my “tools” were only stored locally and could be easily lost.

I am sure this is covered elsewhere but I thought I would show how to turn on the cloud storage of tools.

1. First, you have to turn on the ability for cloud tools in Preferences:

2. Second, save your tools (export) where you can locate later:

3. Third, import tools to the cloud. Importing the tools you exported earlier:

You are also able to drag a tool to the cloud storage but you cannot drag an entire library at one time.

3 Likes

That’s Porcupine… Not Beaver. You’re mixing him up with someone else…

2 Likes