Type and Size of compressor for the Razorwire Cut45

Hello all I am new to both the CNC world and Plasma cutter. I just purchased the bundle Lanmuir CNC (non-pro) which included the Razorwire Cut45. I looked up the specs on the required compressor for this plasma cutter and it appears to need 6.7cfm @70#.

Any suggestions on what type of compressor I should go for that wont break the bank?

Below is a compressor that I am thinking about purchasing. According to the specs from the manufacture it will meet the needs of the Razorwire Cut 45. But I was wondering if those rating hold true to real life.

Thoughts?

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200612353_200612353?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Air%20Tools%20%2B%20Compressors%20>%20Portable%20Air%20Compressors&utm_campaign=Quincy%20Compressor&utm_content=39562&gclid=CjwKCAjw8MD7BRArEiwAGZsrBUmkMFRIsbaNMKEcoXRFgYSCHRaOW5-4ZpxKX55qUtXVnvgJU-VKfRoCUM8QAvD_BwE

Welcome,

For about the same price you can get a 60 gallon 3 1/2 horse power 240volt from Lowes or Home depot. You will be a lot better off.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the comment. I will take your advice and swing by Home Depot and Lowes.

Check Tractor Supply too, while you’re at it.

+1 on tractor supply. I like my 5HP 60 gal IR, enough power to catch up and shut off while still cutting.