Tsunami filtration for Hypertherm 45xp

Im about to upgrade my compressor and filtration system. Tsunami triple filtration system. I am not certain which I should get. I have a hypertherm 45xp and user manual mentions the hose diameter should be 3/8“. Tsunami comes in either a 20 CFM with 1/4” NPT or 50 CFM with 1/2” NPT. Any input or recommendations? I am getting an 80 gallon compressor rated at 16cfm at 90 psi single stage.

Tsunami 1/2" Water Separator & Oil Coalescer & Activated Carbon Filtration Combo

Tsunami - Air Filtration Package #6 Water Separator, Oil Coalescing Filter, Activated Carbon Filter (3-Stage) W/ Regulator

If you’re looking at CFM, you want to aim for twice the requirements of your Hypertherm. The smaller 20cfm is plenty.

Hey—
curious how this system is working for you?
i just purchased one…

Works excellent. Bone dry and clean air. Tsunami gets most of it and the motorguard after the tsunami gets the rest.

Awesome thanks!
I’m hoping to avoid further air-drying purchases after this… Dessicant dryers…ect…

I got something slightly different than my original post. > [

Tsunami Filtration Package #3 - 1/2" Water Separator & Oil Coalescing Filter (50 CFM) (21999-0251)](Tsunami Filtration Package #3 - 1/2" Water Separator & Oil Coalescing Filter (50 CFM) | Tsunami 21999-0251)

Be careful with min hose size. I have a Hypertherm 45xp and the unit requires u to use a certain size hose and connectors or larger. Here is what was cited in the manufacture manual “ Do not use hoses with an internal diameter less than 9.5 mm (3/8 inch). Hoses that are too small can cause issues with cut quality and cut performance.”

Reason I mention this is tsunami makes some filters that matched my PSI and CFM requirements but they took too small of a hose.

1 Like

Hmmm that’s interesting… I’m running the Razor Weld 45. I’ll look around to see if the min hose size is relevant to the RZ45. I went with the 20 cfm setup… :thinking:

Appreciate the info!