Trouble with THC and IHS

Im getting an error message after testing " Eccessive EMI noise on your THC line" The torch is haviung issues firing and staying close to metal.

Welcome to the forums.

Are you using the original USB cable that came with your langmuir systems kit? With no extensions?

What type of plasma torch do you have?
How do you have your wires hooked up to measure your voltage? Raw, divided, etc

The electronic enclosure has electrically insulated washers to mount it to the leg, was this done during the installation?

Yes original usb. and using pt60 torch. i used the platic insert for enclosure also

Measuring voltage through fire control.

Not sure how this forum works exactly but i responded to your post

Yep you can respond like that or if there’s someone you’d like to directly refer to use an @TinWhisperer or @wjr.

What’s the power supply for your plasma torch? Prime cut?

When you hooked up your voltage control module or vim did you use divided voltage from your plasma torch or did you use raw voltage?

Are you using a laptop? is it plugged in during the cut?

Using a three to two prong plug adapter for your laptop or unplugging it during the cut can help with emi

Desktop near table. Using razor weld 45 plasma. All of cables plugged in, no other way specified in hook up.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/thc/guide

Okay divided like this then.

Are you putting the work clamp directly on the material?

yes it is setup like that. Work clamp on material. Im at loss.

Now i will say it is coiled up with zipties to electronics from thc box but same setup

So the insulator is a big issue. Can i just remove electronics from table mount all together and fix most issues

Can you check the vim connections again.

From the picture the connections maybe reversed?

Output to Input . Input to Output?

Hard to see in the picture.

These big coils wires like that can also cause a lot of induction issues.

I wouldn’t coil your power and signal wires together

1 Like

I just ran another program and all seems great now. Getting 2.9v on test. i honestly dont know what is going on. I just let it sit and now its good???

That’s is too low for running voltage.

Is that you resting voltage?

You passed your THC test?

Nope. Maybe you wiggled a wire or held your mouth right but forsure Machines don’t fix them selves and it will likely manifest again.

1 Like

@wjr, welcome to the forum!

I agree with TW here, especially putting the coil literally on top of the VIM box isn’t a good idea.

It’s hard to tell from your first photo, but it sort of looks like the blue air supply hose is kinked. Maybe it’s just a bad perspective, but worth checking.

1 Like