Trouble with plasma cutter

Following up with @Bigdaddy2166 is saying with the air pressure:
Is it possible that your air compressor is kicking on when it starts that second line?

The assumption here is that your air pressure in the line is at its lowest point so the cut is not complete.

Bigdaddy do you have any idea why the cutter would cut everything as it should except one cut on the test piece? it was the second cut.

The air compressor didn’t kick on at all the test piece is only a 5/5 square with some shapes and 3 lines.

You listed all of your filters. Is that the order that they are installed? Namely that after the Motor Guard filter, it goes straight to the cutter?

yes, sir motor guard goes right before the cutter I also failed to list a 60-gallon dry air tank that is after the refrigerated air dryer sorry. so I have 120 gal of air to play with.

I had an intermittent cutting problem after cutting aluminum. It turned out that smalls specs of aluminum got thrown into the torch head (somewhere in the nozzle area, I suppose).

It would be foolish to think it was anything like that?

You might be at this point:
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, stated by Sherlock Holmes.

I don’t know I’m just tired of dealing with this problem. I think my next step is to get another plasma cutter.

If I started to list the things I know of that has caused poor cut quality, I never had dross free cuts like you got for most of that sample.

Now you get into other issues like the EMI (electro-magnetic interference). Could be.

Or something with your computer and the USB cable or one of the other cables with a loose connection or a broken wire. Check every wire that has a potential for movement during the cut and see if you can get it to demonstrate a loss of connectivity with VOM and movement/kinking of the wire.

Plasma cutter. Perhaps. EMI issues with cutters have been known to happen. It would be nice if you could try someone’s cutter that is using a table successfully. @Bigdaddy2166 has given the suggestion to others to buy a HF cutter and see if it works. They are relatively inexpensive and you can decide to return in the first 30 just because you don’t like the color - joking. (Confirm the return policy before buying).

We are all pulling for you to solve this. Please come back and report any new findings.

1 Like

Dumb question? Are you sure your connector on the (pos) work lead is locked into the cutter. Is your work clamp on your actual metal that your cutting? My Everlast has a bayonet type connector that can twist loose.

It could be EMI, but I doubt it.
I do not understand why your pierce location are so big. It almost looks like the pierce is so large that the THC voltage maybe lifting the torch up. I see that you have it set for . 8 which is good.