Trouble getting stencil font into Fusion

So I’m trying to get stencil fonts into Fusion. I have a couple downloaded to my computer and reading previous post on the topic I read something about moving the files into a font manager. I not sure where I find this or even have it. I guess I’m asking for some help to figure out how to get this downloaded stencil fonts into Fusion on my windows 10 computer.
Any help is appreciated,
Bob

I have a few downloaded aswell that I cannot open in fusion, some loaded well and others just don’t.
I will be following with interest.

I would use them (the fonts) in a vector design program. Make sure you then convert them to curves. Then they are processed as shapes and should go into fusion with no problem. Just don’t have a stroke on the paths and they should look identical.

I haven’t tried putting text directly in fusion. I prefer to modify fonts after they are made into curves to optimize how they will be cut. Such as connecting the dots on Is and what not. Super easy to do in vector programs, I’m not quite as fast at it in 360 yet.

However, you should be able to add the fonts to your computers font file and have them show up to use in any program. Unless 360 locks out font with certain attributes.

2 Likes

Forgot to ask, can you even use these fonts in other programs?

If you’re using one of the last few Windows OS you would just download the related files, unzip them if compressed, right click on the TrueType Font File and click install. If you have more than one user on your computer, choose the “install for all users” instead of “install”. Restart Fusion and it should be on your list.

Some free fonts won’t work in Fusion. I don’t know why, they just won’t open or won’t open correctly. But I’ve found that to be like 1 out of 10.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, apparently all I needed to do was the restart. As I was looking for the truetype font file and found the font file the ones I had downloaded were there. Again, I appreciate the help.
Bob

1 Like

You have to load fonts into the windows 10 fonts folder.

True, but it’s safer and easier if you use file explorer to show the font file’s current location, right click on the file, and simply select “Install Font”. Windows will take care of the rest.

1 Like

This is why I like this forum! I was about to post a similar question and did a search for the subject. I found it here already asked and answered! Thanks

2 Likes

Here’s a couple good locations to download some free stencil fonts.

3 Likes

Thanks @TinWhisperer! I’ll bookmark those. Here’s a place I found that has cool fonts too.

2 Likes