Touchscreen PC?

Is there any value in ordering a touchscreen PC to use with the crossfire pro I just ordered?

Thanks!

I use a surface pro3 tablet. It works great. I can press the mach3 buttons on the screen instead of going to the track pad.

1 Like

Someone posted a few weeks ago that they got a touch screen, seems like that would be so cool while cutting.

Your post got me to thinking…I have a desk top i use for my table.It a off lease hp that i got for 138.00 on sale.It does a good job but i too would like a touch screen so i searched Amazon and found touch screen monitors that you can build enclosures for…they are less than one hundred dollars.I could stash my desk top away hidden with just the cables running to the screen mounted on the machine.

1 Like

I was just thinking the same… might grab an old shitbox pc and mount it away from the table, and hang a touchscreen monitor on an arm

My laptop has the touchscreen feature and honestly I never use it.

for a desktop/laptop in an office environment, I see no point in touchscreen, but on a piece of machinery a touch screen is handy

Just hope the touch screen is not sensitive to water drops or metal dust. It would suck to be in the middle of a big cut and the screen starts pressing random buttons cause it got a little water on it.

I know how my phone gets with just sweat on it.

I think it would be worth a shot for a couple hundred bucks.

My surface tablet works great. No problem with water. Metal dust is only an issue in one spot… the power cord is magnetic… so I just cover that part of it
… but touchscreen is super handy

2 Likes

I was thinking that a windows tablet with a longish usb would make a nice control/pendant. I didn’t know how well mach3 played with a touch screen.

I use a touch screen laptop and the only advantage I can see is the start stop and reset bottons in Mach are faster for me to hit with the touch screen than they are trying to use the little finger pad, Mainly the Estop if something is going wrong. I havent found a use for the touch screen for Fusion.

I found a dell all in one touch screen computer on craigslist for $60 and LOVE it! Setting zeros mostly. But it’s really handy all the way around. I also have the $25 chinese pendant, worth every penny even though it’s cheap. Have it mounted to the wall on an arm

I like the setup. That’s my second choice. I would really like to try a ruggedized windows tablet that I could carry over to the table during setup. But we’ll see. I have an older dell AI1 that would do the job.

What is the pendant for, does it have the Mach3 controls on it?

Thanks

It’s all all the basics, with it had zeroing buttons, but it’s nice to pause programs and estop. Jogging while setting up parts.

2 Likes