Touchscreen anyone?

I’m a bit of a novice nowadays when it comes to computer technology.
I currently have what I’d consider a nice laptop that has the software option for a touchscreen, but there’s no digitizer on my screen. I’ve considered buying one and upgrading it for the ease of using fire control.
Through my research I also discovered this newer product called an air bar, it’s basically a USB adapter that allows you to touch the screen but its a bit bulky.
Is anyone tech savvy that could give any input on this?

sorry…I believe in the KISS method for shop work…Keep It Simple Stupid…

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my goal, instead of trying to poke around on the little TouchPad to stop a machine crash before it happens I would like the ability to touch the screen lol.

to pause/stop the machine I find the giant spacebar works well…lol

2 Likes

Well… I had no idea there were hot keys :rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you sir. This will sure help.

i have a touch screen laptop on my table for fire control, but the downside is your hands always seem to be wet and dirty so I end up using the keyboard anyway. the big spacebar is way faster when it is crashing as well.

I agree… I got sick of my screen having Sterling cool all over it.

1 Like

I’ll third the dirty finger touchscreen problem. Hands are always filthy while using the table. Need voice control. :rofl:

1 Like

Stylus and a mini keyboard with my touch screen.This way my fingers never touch the screen.

4 Likes

I have a touch screen on my wood cnc and crossfire pro and candidly I don’t use it much. For the wood CNC I bought it that way as I thought that would be great and the laptop on my crossfire pro had it on already.

For the most part I can use the keyboard faster and more accurately. For example, on my laptop the screen buttons are small on firecontrol and I can fat-finger them.

1 Like

Same here on my Laser system. The last thing I want is an unreliable or unresponsive interface when I’m dealing with a laser!

1 Like