Torch stops firing mid-cut

I have a Razorcut 45 (with the original style torch), I have cut a lot of stuff on the table with no issues. Today I was mid cut and the torch shut off, almost like it lost a ground and/or continuity. I tried multiple times to re-fire the torch but with no success. I pulled the cover off of the plasma as well as the torch head and inspected the wiring and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. I also checked all of the airlines and they are all water free.

Does anyone have any other thoughts what it could be??

Thanks Blake

Consumables? Air? Ground clamp still tightly wired to the ground cable?

Can you fire it using the torch off the table (using the trigger, not Mach3)?

That would be where I would start. I have forgot to wire up my ground completely… and if fires np - however, you wont get the proper plasma flow to cut correctly… So, it doesn’t sound like a ground issue. I have had low airflow cause cut out on me. Id give that a good hard look.

1 Like

I changed all the consumables twice with no change. I have also checked the ground and it is all connected properly. The torch is getting the signal to fire because its starting the air flow but there is no arc. I have also tried different air pressures with no luck there either.

To add to your previous question, the torch won’t fire by the trigger or Mach 3

Sounds like there is something wrong with the torch. can you check to see if the blowback function is working - i am not sure how to do this but maybe someone can tell you to see if that is stuck.

Yeah I agree, it sounds like a torch issue. If it hadn’t fired from the get-go then it could be other things, but the fact that it stopped mid-cut and won’t fire on the table or by hand would have me emailing and calling Razorweld for some warranty support.

Thanks for the feedback, I emailed them so we will see how it goes… I am almost to the point of getting another machine. After more research on the forum, a lot of other people are having issues with these machines… Cant afford not to have this machine up and going…

Thanks again, Blake

Try this get a clean piece of metal hook up the work clamp and pull the trigger and touch the metal if it fires the pilot arc circuit has stopped working and will need a new pc board

1 Like