Torch Not Firing - In Program or via Manual Torch Fire

Recently received Crossfire w/ Razorcut 45. Using Firecontrol & Autofusion 360.
Have setup according to instructions and videos. Razorcut 45 comes with cable to connect to Firecontrol. Supposed to be plug n play. Not working. Torch fires by depressing trigger. Tried to do test fire via Manual Torch Fire but nothing happened. Have good air pressure / supply; good ground; appropriate distance from torch to material.
Anyone have any ideas?
I’ve read a lot of reviews and forum posts and folks are speaking highly of this machine but I must say, I’m not having the same experience. It’s been frustrating setting this thing up. I’ve had it 4 days now and have followed instructions and videos but have yet to cut a single part.

1 Like

Is your serial number below the cutoff and not compatible with firecontrol?

Are you hearing the relay click when the torch is commanded to fire? Try this with Manual Torch Fire in FireControl.

If not, the relay board in your control box may have come loose in shipping. Make sure it is fully seated.

If so, you may have received a Razorweld 45 with the ports reversed. Try plugging the torch on/off cable into the other blue port and retry the test.

Having the same problem. Checked the suggestions listed above. The relay clicks when commanded to in manual fire and when the program is running. I have no torch or airflow.

Manual torch fire worked just fine. Problem ended up being that, whether input ports were mislabeled or instructions were created backwards, the place to plug the Firecontrol into CNC port on Razorweld was switched.

1 Like

I have had a similar problem with a new RazorCut 45. I can manually pull the trigger and it fires but there is no live voltage readout. I switched the leads and now I get the live voltage readout when I activate the torch with the trigger on the handle but I cannot get it to fire manually from Firecontrol.

Problem solved. I had to remove and reset relay and switch the connections on the RazorCut 45.

I am having this exact same issue but nothing has solved it. I tried everything in the comments, and the support staff even sent me a new female firing plug but it still doesn’t work. Any advice?

We got our table last fall(Sept-Oct’21). We have had constant issues with Torch not firing. Every time, Ive unplugged or wiggled the connections on the RazorWeld,and its fixed(The Connections on the RazorWeld for the Table are really a poor design,they dont fit good,especially the ones on the VIM-Module(Black-Box)They really feel like they are barely connecting. Today we cut a piece, went to cut a duplicate, Repositioned and Zero’d all axis on new cut location,No file changes,same cut-file,No fire,shows No Live voltage,Relay Clicks,No Air release or Torch Fire. Torch will Manually Fire from Trigger,not from FireControl. Updated to Newest version of FireControl,still no change,Followed all troubleshooting,No Results.

If the torch fires from the trigger, but not from the computer, and you hear the relay click, the connection from the plasma to the control box is broken. The wire is broken or the connector/s are broken.

Made a cut,setup for next cut,and dead,table hasnt been used much,cut fine last time we ran it. Had similar issues when initially setup,and it was the connections at the Razorweld,I rechecked everything 3-4x today,and nothing. Overall,very happy with the table,hate the wiring to the cutter,very poor quality on the cutter and VIM

It’s a pretty simple system for firing the plasma. The relay just closes to complete a circuit.

You can troubleshoot where the problem is by starting at the end of the cable that connects to the control box. Unplug it and short across the inside and outside of the connector with a wire or paper clip and the torch should fire. If it fires, then the problem is between the port and the relay. If it doesn’t fire, move to the port on the front of the plasma and short across both pins. If the torch fires, the cable is bad. If the torch still doesn’t fire, something is broken between the port and the board inside the plasma cutter.

2 Likes