Torch mount came off

Has this happened to anybody out there? the whole torch mount came off from the bottom. This happened while cutting/ moving on the X axis, it did not touch or bump into anything it just popped out. does anyone know how to put it back again? I think that part came assembled from the factory and you had to slid it on to the bridge from the side.

You might be able to loosen your bearing adjustment screws all the way, use a small screwdriver to push the bearings out to the stops, and get it seated properly.

Second option is to disassemble the bearing assembly on once side and then seat the torch carriage.

1 Like

Loosen the bolt and nuts that hold bearings, back the adjustment screws out on all the bearings. Tighten bolts and nuts on bearings and readjust all bearings.
Looks like the x axis ball screw is way out of adjustment, pulling down on the X axis carriage. I would loosen the ball screw bolts and loosen the big nuts and readjust.

1 Like

OMG…This happened to me tonight while cutting a run of parts. I was like holy crap batman. I have no idea what caused it but…I was across the room when it happened. The thing is, it kept trying to cut and it kept moving. I was like WTF. Something may be bent now. Ill have to completely disassemble and examine…torch no longer trammed, my edge quality is out the window back to when first assembly. Oh well, Lets just hope it doesnt happen again a but now Im on the look out for a break away torch…fingers crossed.

it sucks, my torch is all lose now. I have had problems since the beginning with this machine. I have been told and advised that all the problems are because the plasma machine. What plasma cutter do you have?
I’m saving money to buy a Hypertherm, they say that that will solve all of the problems.

Yeah in my opinion it has absolutely nothing to do with the torch I mean that has nothing to do with how the x and z axis move The torch is just mounted to them. Buying a hypertherm in my opinion will not solve your problem just like it’s not part of my problem because I have a hypertherm and a full size machine torch on it just like a lot of others.
To me the problem is poor design on the x-axis, because it’s almost like you tighten the bearings up and there it’s still sort of floating like it can still move like you can still push it out of the way almost. It’s not as rigid as what they think it might be I mean now in hindsight I’m looking at this thing and going linear rails on the x-axis is definitely the way to go. I think the rail system for the y-axis is pretty good. But the floating The z axis/x axis gantry whatever they want to call it is not a great idea I didn’t think it was a great idea when I was putting it together… But somehow after a couple of headaches and getting it tuned which it shouldn’t have taken that long, it was fine and then all of a sudden it just popped off last night, I don’t get it.
And in my opinion there’s absolutely no way I could get any kind of technical support worthy of anything from langmuir. Hell when I had PC issues they gave me attitude and I barely got anything taken care of.
But as they always say you get exactly what you pay for. I’m not sure why ShopSabre purchased their company but I wish some of their quality control and quality ideas would bleed over into their now considered entry level table. I kind of wish now I’d have just spent twice my money which still wasn’t a lot and bought an entry-level shopsabre.
I don’t mean to sound disheartening but it’s kind of like you know buyers remorse. What am I going to do if I don’t like it even if after a week after I bought it I can’t send it back I mean it’s an assembled table so you know I’m kind of stuck like everybody else. My very first plasma table ever was a plasmacam and it never ever ever ever in 6 years broke down not once. I thought for sure with this company I was getting an upgrade but it only takes one variable in the whole equation to mess everything up and to make you feel like you bought the wrong table so these are two things that I have had issues with now I’m second-guessing my purchase.
Sorry to hear about your x-axis…keep plugging away you’ll fix yours I’ll fix mine and we’ll keep cutting parts hopefully.

Did you actually get it back in place and trammed properly so your edge quality is what it was before? If you had good edge of quality because, I’m not sure that I can as of yet.
Mine was on point up until this happened I mean a tiny tiny degree of bevel.

im really disappointed with this machine, its just a huge waste of money. I gave up on trying to correct it, it has always cut with a bevel. This Saturday ill try to fix it, its really lose, I just haven’t figured out yet how to adjust the screws that align the torch, my torch has always been wiggly and when I try to fix that it gets stuck when trying to go up and down. I just havent figured out how to adjust the eccentric screws that help adjust the torch to the rails that guide the torch on the Z axis.

Damn that sucks. Where are you located?

I’m in Utah. I just bought a wood CNC machine. I hope this will not Couse me any problems.

That’s awesome…i just got my ultimate bee 1500x1500 bulkman3d kit up and running… Cutting stuff this week i hope!