Torch Height Controller Wiring to PlasmArgon PLC55 Pro

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if my plan will work? I have no idea what I am doing so excuse my inaccuracies.

I read another post where users here were saying that this machine looks like it has HF even though the seller says that it doesn’t, but in the end the OP said they got it working. So I assume it will be fine.

Anyway, I read that the THC wire for the torch needs to be connected before the high voltage coil. I believe this is the copper coil connected to the torch. If this is incorrect and I can just connect the THC wire after this coil that would be nice.

I am wondering if I can solder the THC wire to the back of the board on the opposite side of where the coil is soldered (I think the rectangle solder in one of the pictures is the correct spot). Then I think the black wires going to the nut would be the correct place to put the positive THC wire.

It will actually only let me add on picture.

You need to hook up the THC RAW voltage leads to the wires that go to the work clamp, and to the torch. Your first picture the work clamp wire is the large black wire in the lower left corner. That will get the RED lead to the THC

None of your pictures show what the torch wire color is or where, but you should be able to find it OK. That one will get the BLACK lead to the THC.

Black raw voltage wire should go here.

Red raw voltage wire should go here.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I figured I was overcomplicating it but I did not want to fry anything.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

That is a HIGH FREQUENCY plasma cutter and won’t work well with A Langmuir table.

3 Likes