Torch Firing when not supposed to

every time I plug my razorweld 45 in the torch fires. I do not even have it plugged into my laptop so how can it be telling it to fire?

You’ve probably got the torch miswired (if you added the tap for the Crossfire control wire - if it’s fresh out of the box then it’s a manufacturer issue).

Verify that you attached the Crossfire taps to the correct wires for the torch connector. When you pull off the taps to redo it, check to make sure you don’t have continuity across them when nothing is plugged in. If there is then there’s a short in the cable.

The plasma came with a plug in for torch fire. No
Wiring needed

I am having the same issue, i have tapped into my hypertherm 45 and can successfully fire the torch from the jumper wires. once plugged into the langmuir contorller, the torch will fire, even if the controller is turned off. using the multimeter, i have continuity coming off the crossfire controller going to my torch. i cannot toggle the torch off with a program or from the jog menu

Sounds like a bad controller relay.

This was posted on another thread.

Sometime around the beginning of December we began seeing a massive spike in the frequency of torch fire relay failures. In particular, the switched side of the relay stays switched even after commanded to turn off by Mach 3.

We found that our wiring harness manufacturer switched sources for the relay and for whatever reason a percentage of them exhibit the issue described.

If you are experiencing this issue, please send an email to Support@Langmuirsystems.com and we will send you a new wiring harness that includes a relay that does not suffer from the issue described.