Torch Firing Nonstop

I ordered my crossfire (not using THC) September 14 2022. I am using a Primeweld cut 60. The plasma cutter and CNC wiring port are all in great working condition, but as soon as I cut the plasma cutter on the torch fires immediately and I’m having to cut power to plasma cutter. Has anyone had this issue?

Take a read through this topic see if there’s something in here that might solve your issue.

You’re looking for some crossed connections or maybe the relay is stuck in a closed position

Is the 2T/4T button on 2T? I am not sure what you mean by “as soon as I cut the plasma cutter on the torch fires” so I can’t picture what is happening precisely.

Good point.

Does it fire as soon as you open fire control?

Does it fire as soon as you run the program you’re going to cut in fire control?

Or does it fire as soon as you supply power to your plasma?

1 Like

If the cutter is on it fires

I checked a busbar with a multi meter that goes to the THC I don’t have I believe it’s bad it’s showing a connection every which way it can. Going to unplug it in the morning and try again

how are you hooking up your THC to the primeweld?

Divided from the CPC port or Raw from inside the plasma?

Unplug the CNC connector from the back of the plasma cutter and turn the plasma cutter on. If it fires call Primeweld on Monday. If it does not fire then you have the CNC plug wired wrong or have a short in the wiring some were.

7 Likes