Torch Cut Sporadically

So this is a first for me, but I cut a sign on 8/10 and it turned out great on the crossfire. Today I cut the same sign and after it cut the letters out, it started randomly cutting the border in the middle of the sign. Extremely frustrating

Any ideas?

Hi. Maybe try tightening the set screws on each ends of both lead screws. Sometimes they come loose. I used loctite on mine and tightened to the point i thought allen wrench was going to break.

1 Like

Also make sure the ground clamp is attached.

might want to try regenerating the toolpath. Might have gotten corrupted.

1 Like

Sounds like you had something on the rail that caused it to bind up and skip steps or your torch dragged on the metal or a loose coupler like jimt stated.If something physically stops the gantry the program continues and will start back cutting where it’s at on the table when it’s freed up.To test this theory next time this happens stop the program and return to zero and see if it’s in a different location.

1 Like

This machine is a maintenance hog!
Make sure you clean the rails, grind clean the slats and check everything prior to any cuts.

It’s a great table but requires a lot of attention. From cut to cut if your going to expect any kind of cut quality without a THC.
Check the slat bed everyday before use. Clear out all the drop through sin your water pan as the next drops may contact those and create tip ups.
Go over all your set screws at least once a week or remove and re do with loctite …
The natural of the table is what makes it an affordable option but it does require more attention.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I’ve thought about even making a check list and post it on the wall lol.Ground,air,water,slats,torch height.

2 Likes