Tools for cleaning up cuts

Yall check this little tool out! I may have to get one for the pretty stuff.

1 Like

Ooooh, nice tool!

:rofl::joy::rofl:

Added to cart!! :crazy_face::rofl:

whare did you find it on amazon>/?

https://www.amazon.com/Pneumatic-Chamfering-Connection-Beveling-Deburring/dp/B08FX8741G/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=pneumatic+chamfering+machine&qid=1619924968&sprefix=chamfering+machine&sr=8-3

1 Like

Yeah, that one is less expensive. Here is one with replaceable cutters: https://www.amazon.com/T-king-Pneumatic-Chamfering-Trimming-0-1-0-9MM/dp/B08PCQ9529

Search for Pneumatic Chamfering tool or machine

1 Like

Nowhere do I see that they are not replaceable. Only difference I see is that your link has a pic of 2 cutter separate. There is only a hundred different brands and prices to choose from. Bet they all the same. Some are in stock in the US, some ship from China. Thats the only difference I’ve been able to see.

1 Like

I sit corrected. Your reference’s second photo shows the allen wrench loosening a cutter blade, I missed that and thought it was a one piece cutter.

I use one of these to knock the dross/slag off:

I got mine for about $35. Works great, but is noisy. Wear hearing protection.

1 Like

WHAT???
CAN’T HEAR YOU!!!

1 Like

1 Like

It’s funny because that chamfer tool is the same concept as a woodworking router, which is super common, yet all of us metal guys are amazed to see it for steel. I’m definitely going to pick one up.

2 Likes

Thats what I was thinking when I saw it. Its just a mini air powered carbide tipped router.

Anybody here used a tumbler before? I’ve got 100s of small parts with sharp edges and some dross. If a tumbler works I’m down. These are too small and the quantity too high to hold by hand with a power tool and too time consuming to put in and out of a vice. I pressed the tip of my finger into my belt sander the other day and that didn’t feel so good. Fresh belt.

@thesupermarket

I’ve thought about a tumbler many times… Then, I make a bigger part and forget all about it… Found a few examples on YouTube builds using 5gal bucket… Take a look… Good for ideas anyways!!

Quite a few vids on YouTube if you look around a bit… Good Luck!!

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks for pointing me down the rabbit hole. This will be a finger tip saver.

1 Like

Make sure you stop back at this thread and show us what you came up with…!! I’d be interested to check it out… Actually, could have used one earlier today!!

Cheers!! :beers:

1 Like

Once my shop is built…this spring…I am building a tumbler…
basic specs…

• 20" to 24" diameter 11gauge cylinder about 3’ long
  • cylinder will be wrapped in neoprene insulation to reduce noise
  • 1" shaft through entire barrel supported on each end with appropriate pillow blocks
  • variable speed drive…most likely an old trolling motor
  • there will be a few agitator ribs inside
  • 1/2" random ceramic media

been looking at youtube and kind of using this as a template…it will be Frankenstein’s little brother…but it should work…

Making a Ball Mill - YouTube
How to DIY Rust Remover Rotary Tumbler Debur - YouTube

1 Like

My Dad built a tumbler for rocks when I was a kid. Made out of gallon paint cans and three tiers of rollers, all driven by the same motor, chain drive, no variable speed. The roller arrangement works well because we could randomly take off any can while it was still running, open the can, check out the contents, change the grit, etc, and then put it back on without disturbing any of the others. It ran for days. We got a bunch of useless, but beautiful rocks out of it… :wink:

1 Like