Toolpath selection, not sure where to begin

Hesitant to post this because I know that it has been covered many times, but I am new to this and searching for the exact thing I am looking for usually yields a result just a little bit different than what I need. So I apologize for my ignorance on this subject.

Frist question-I see that many people suggest Sketch Checker…I dont even know if it would help me, but doesnt appear it is available as an app/add-on from Autodesk. Can anyone confirm?

Secondly-Searched previous posts and worked thorugh closing all segments…I think. So hopefully that is not an issue.

Third-This file started out as a jpeg and converted…so I dont know if thats an issue.

Fourth-I seem to be grasping toolpath selections for things that I create, but other file types that are imported/converted, mainly pictures, are really difficult to deal with…is this normal.

Here is the file I am dealing with. I understand that some points are going to drop out when cut, so I may do multiple layers, but my main issue is just selecting a toolpath, I am not sure where to start.

Big Brawler Beards.f3d (630.4 KB)

Here you go.

3 Likes

@Cyoung Let see what you have going on here,
I ll live stream soon.

7am pst ish.

In the video I find a arch terminating at a acute angle at the intersection of the i dot and body that was causing the issue about the (13min mark) by using the divide the conquer method. I repaired the issue then go on to develop the CAM.

Attached is a modded f3d file

Big Brawler Beards tin mod.f3d (2.3 MB)

4 Likes

You actually are not too bad with contours but you have infinite loops: Sort of like a circle within a circle within a circle. Tin will show you.

Edit: But I really want to compliment you on your presentation of your issue. You did exactly what we hope: If you don’t really know how to explain your issue, gives us an example. By sharing the f3d file you make it so much easier. Tin is, no doubt, preparing a cup of delicious Earl Grey tea right now.

7 Likes

That is awesome. I learned more in that 27 minutes than I have in a month scouring the web for generic F360 videos. Again, very new to this, so the divide method will be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time!

I am sure it wont be the last you hear/see from me.

3 Likes

TinWhisper is a Fusion savant. He also has more plasma related manuals than the Library of Congress.

4 Likes

In addition to Tins videos, I’ve gotten some great tips from watching Tyler Beck stuff.

Tyler Beck of Tech & Espresso - YouTube

2 Likes

You are right, that is the other guy that seems practical for real applications.

NYCNC is a great guy to watch on Youtube. A lot of videos out there are the old Fusion format. If it says CAM instead of Design it a old video. Most of the stuff is the same but some is not.

2 Likes