Tool path simulation order

I’m sorry I mis interpreted your first question. I thought you said it was doing the outside first.

It cuts the outside last as it assumes the work clamp is clamped outside of the cut.

It needs a connection to operate if it cut the outside first you would loose your ground.

1 Like

you are the freaking man

2 Likes

turns out i was just simulating backwards. TinWhisperer tightened me up

3 Likes

I learn something new from him EVERY day!! :+1:

3 Likes

he’s the mack daddy

1 Like

Cross v1.f3d (164.3 KB)
in the cut path, the entire cross is not cutting in the simulation. not sure why

I’ll look at it when I get back to the computer but in the meantime before you move into the simulation section you must make sure that you click or highlight the setup on the left hand side in the browser bar. If you have multiple operations you might accidentally just have one toolpath selected when you move into simulation and it will only simulate that one path. If you click the setup it’ll simulate all the paths that are under that setup in one group.
This could be what it is but I’ll check it out when I get to the computer.

1 Like

i changed the lead in radius and that changed the tool path to include the missing part. I dont know why but it worked. thanks again

1 Like

its because your lead in radius combined with lead in distance and pierce allowance didn’t fit inside the hole.

1 Like