Tool library Fusion 360

I am new to the forum and Fusion 360. None of the tutorials have the same tool library and none of them work for loading the Razorcut 45… I downloaded 360 a couple weeks ago… I am doing well with everything else except for the tool library…
Is there a special way to enter the cutter?
If anyone has this latest version of 360 I would sure appreciate some guidance. Thanks… p.s. I am in the process of getting my Crossfire XL put together, so I am very new at this… thanks again, John W

Welcome to the forum! I’ve moved this to the Fusion 360 CAM category as it seems as if it fits best there.

Thanks, being new I was not sure where to go with it… JW

I can go over creating a few tools in fusion 360 the next time I get down to my computer.

I’ll do it on the live stream.

What materials do you plan on cutting? I might as well use examples that are the same as what you plan on using.

Are you using the razorweld cut charts in the Forum?

I will be cutting 14 gauge, I have quite a bit of it… yes, I am using the cut chart from the forum… thanks very much… fusion 360 is kicking my rear end but I am not going to let it beat me… thanks again, John W.

3 Likes

I’ll be putting my kids to bed in about 45 minutes and should be able to live stream by about 7:45 to 8:00 p.m. Pacific standard Time.

It’s a very worthwhile investment in time and money.
In my opinion it’s the future of CAD and CAM when it comes to developing , virtually testing and manufacturing “all things”.

3 Likes

Cool of you to go to the effort of producing such a detailed, helpful answer!

1 Like

Thank you so much for that help, it highlighted several things I was doing wrong. I appreciate the time and effort you took to help me out. Thanks again… John W.

1 Like

is there a way that you could post a video? i am trying to add my primeweld cut60 to my tool list and i dont think i am doing it correctly.

i am also brand new, just downloaded it today and trying to get going.

1 Like

I can run through creating a few different tools and fusion 360 for you.
Probably be faster to do a new video than to try to find the old one and my hard drive and post it.

I’ll read back over this topic and start a live stream soonish .

@Bobby what material thicknesses will you be using did you have any specific charts you’re looking at?

i will be using 18ga - 1/4" mild steel and aluminum.
i havent been looking at charts yet as i just got my new plasma cutter and the table shipped ( so they say). just kinda looking for help with setup i guess for the tool library.

I’m going to have to do it a little later, I’m not feeling up to it now.

no worries, if you get around to it just give us a heads up on a time. that way i dont miss it. :smiley: