Titanium45 Bevel issues/cut height

Got ya. I have been using the 20-50A tip on 1/4" and it actually cuts better than the higher amp tips. I do still need to keep the shield cup loose. I snug the shield cup all the way then turn it loose about a half to 3/4 of a turn. It’s been working pretty good. I also bought an air drier and right away I noticed better cut quality. The bevel on 1 side is still there so I will have to keep fine tuning.

I have been running the titanium 45 on my crossfire Pro for over three years with Plasmadyn Machine torch. I use the Hypertherm 45-amp consumables, gives great cuts zero bevel on all but one edge, and is not much. The Hypertherm consumables well outlast the innerweb consumables. 1200-1600 pierces. Running shield loose will cause bevel and other problems with cut quality. I had to increase internal air pressure on my Titanium to 70 psi to get rid of misfire. Never had a issue since with misfire. You might have to increase air to torch.
I run the Hypertherm power max 45 xp on my XR table and I have been getting 2300-2400 pierces on it.

1 Like