Timeframe for issues / missing pieces

I ordered my Pro back in mid July, and anxiously waited to receive it until I received my last package in mid November. Unfortunately, the time frame was a little later than expected and I was in the thick of my Christmas order rush. I wasn’t able to even open any of the packages from Langmuir, and won’t be able to until these orders are wrapped up in about 3 weeks. If I wait to open them and there is issues with what I received, or something is missing… is there any issues with getting replacement parts since it’s been so long? Do I need to make it a priority to get things opened and set up quicker than I was hoping to? I wasn’t sure if there was a window of time where I can report issues with my order. I have no reason to think anything is missing or wrong, but just wanted to check in to see if anyone had a similar dilemma! i’m antsy to get this thing set up, but I have a feeling I won’t want to do anything else except tinker with this thing!

I would not really worry.
if there is anything wrong just email Langmuir through their website…they are great at getting things fixed up.

2 Likes

Yes don’t worry about it, as long as your still under the 1 year warranty we’ll replace anything required.

1 Like

@langmuir-daniel I am in the exact same boat. Wont get to my table till mid Feburary. Question about the 1 year warranty. Is it 1 year from the last shipment?

Yes the 1 year warranty begins the day that your last box arrives.

2 Likes

Good to know. Adding a 30-60 day grace window to that would be really appreciated by customers given some of us may take several weeks to get the system unboxed, assembled, and through the learning curve. It would be great if the warranty started once the system was fully commissioned and “turned over to production”. In my opinion this should be from the first time we have a successful cut.

Just my thoughts coming from a factory automation/controls background.

interesting…
I would say to this…not to start any flame war here…show me a company that sells something…lets you take your time putting it together …then lets you learn how to use it…and then starts the warranty…

in my 55 years in the construction…project management…hospital maintenance manager…I have never heard of this…

3 Likes

The company I work for provides a 12 month warranty that starts 6 months from date of manufacture of product for hardware sales. This gives grace period given the supply chain and logistics of the product getting to our end customer and time associated with start up. On system sales the warranty starts after the products are deployed, commissioned and accepted by customer.

I simply was saying that a bit of grace period would help given for most of us this is a hobby and may take us some time to get the system stood up.

For the record I have no issues with Langmuir Systems warranty as described above.

does your company send reps to these installs to ensure they are commissioned properly…I do agree that happens…but only when commissioned on site by factory reps…

We commission only if it’s a turnkey deployment as part of a system sale. For product sale we do not commission. It may be the end user themselves, an integrator, OEM or contractor doing the deployment at the end users discretion. At the end of the day we stand behind our products and take care of our customers. It also says a lot for the quality of our products.

Anyway this went a bit off topic. Partially my fault.