Time for a new PC on the XR

Well it’s time for a new PC on my XR. My 120VAC input / 12VDC power supply got wet and took out the PC. One of the very poorly thought out design aspects of this table is the location of the controller. I made a cover for mine and it has stayed dry. However today some water got down behind it and took out the power supply. I can fix the issue of water with a bead of caulk. But really we shouldn’t have to redesign some of this simple stuff just to get by. Anyway I’ve been looking at some micro PC’s tonight and it looks like a 400-500.00 fix and I assume the new PC will be an upgrade at that price range. Does anyone have the specs on the factory PC they could share?

After some thought and knowing this is out of warranty I decided to just buy a new PC. I picked this one up on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0B9GP81D2?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

You’d be better off with something fanless

There are no fans in this one. The table is back up and running. I put a bead of caulk around the top of my controller shield. I should have caulked it in the beginning.

1 Like

Hey, I like your Langmuir Controller Box shed roof. I have a cruddy piece of plastic sheet cut and duct-taped to the machine over my plasma torch. I should make on of these for it and for my controller as well.

I noticed on your table that you have a circuit strip clamped to the table right under its edge, over the controller. This is convenient, but arent you worried about water dripping over the edge (like when cutting a full sheet, etc) and finding its way down into your 110VAC lines?

1 Like

That’s actually what happened, I had not sealed between the shield and table and water got to the power supply for the PC. All sealed up now.

Somewhat solved…