Thermal Dynamic Cutmaster 38 Torch wiring

does anybody have this plasma hooked up ?

i don’t have the plasma here to look at it, its at my dads house

looking for idea how to wire the torch

not much info on the internet when i searched it

also little confused about the tips
they offer drag tips and cutting tips

but seams like they offer only drag tip for 30 A machine
i wonder if that’s ok to use with the CNC table

got the machine at the shop and took cover off

im going to swich the plug to 30A twist lock

looks like theres 4 wires coming out of the torch
ill get my multi meter later and ill ohm the wires to see which is trigger wires

some pics

ill be adding this quick connect plug to the back case
it have hole knocked out already for it

I didn’t take pics, but I believe the correct two pins are the top two on the right side of your pic where there are 4 pins vertically. I followed the procedure from Langmuir and it was very easy and accurate to stab the two wires. Use your meter and do a continuity check with the trigger. My CM38 works great… however there are other issues you will find with the CM. I am having piercing delay issues to work out, but otherwise everything seems to work.

I have this same machi

correct 2 top pins is where i tapped my torch trigger wires

so far no problems other than if i leave laptop on plasma cutter and start the program
once the torch fires it mach 3 freeze up and cannot be used till USB is unplugged and plugged back in

if i hold the pc in my hand its fine

Hi, when you say you are setting your laptop on the plasma cutter, do you mean actually setting it on the plasma cutter power supply? All plasma power supplies emit RF noise that can affect the laptop and the USB cable. Try putting the plasma unit as far away from the laptop as possible. If that does not fix it then you may need to check the internal grounding inside your plasma cutter and also make sure the 240v supplying power to your cutter has a good ground.

1 Like

yes laptop was physical sitting on the cutter and froze up
when i hold it in hand i dont have the problem
that must have been the issue bc it didnt happen again

thanks for relpy

Yep, mine was sitting on a bench with the plasma torch cable coiled under where the laptop is sitting. I am still learning software and sketches, but when I manually start torch and jog to cut straight lines, it freezes up several times with torch still on and I have to click in the jog screen and hit the arrow button several times to get it to continue the cut.
I will be relocating my plasma cutter to another wall on a different circuit since my torch cable is so long and see if that prevents it.

Which wires do I splice in the fourth pic…the top two??and if there’s four wires connected how do I just disconnect the two I need to…( cut master 38)

is these the top two wires I splice…and what’s the next ste

p from here???