Thermal Dymanics Cutmaster 51 wiring

Has anyone wired a Thermal Dynamics Cut Master 51? I realize it is an older machine, but I would prefer not to purchase a new one.

I am not very electrically inclined

Similar question here. Seems many other Cutmaster machines are listed on LS compatibility chart but not the 51.

Is it compatible with a CrossFire table?

Thanks

if it is not listed you need to find out what arc starting system it has…

HF or High Frequency starting units are not compatible with CNC machines…the electronic interference can damage the electronic components of the systems

Blow-back starting is what you need to make sure your plasma has…this is the safe and proper arc starting system for CNC work.

so you will need to review your manual or talk to the local supplier to determine what type of starting system your torch has…

HF …BAD
Blow Back…GOOD

1 Like

Actually High Frequency is way better then a blow-back system for a CNC table, its more reliable. Almost all your large CNC systems by Hypertherm and a few others use High Frequency.

The trouble with HF on the lower cost hobby tables is the cost of the electronics and shielding that needs to be done to stop interference. HF elimanates things like missfires.

1 Like

I bow to the never ending knowledge of George…I am again humbled by his experience …thank you for the clarification…

Welcome aboard,

The Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 51 is a blow back plasma cutter.

But even if it is a non HF plasma cutter it may still have some types of interference that will need to be addressed like other plasma cutters that are on the Langmuir lists.