The welder I've been waiting for!

I’ve been drooling over Tig welders for some time now. I REALLY want to Tig aluminum so that disqualified all the multiprocess welders. Until NOW!!! I’m so getting one!!!(hopefully)

2 Likes

3 grand. Ouch! :slightly_smiling_face:. …

Where did u find the price

The great Google :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.bakersgas.com/MIL907757.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwmJbeBRBCEiwAAY4VVZ1OCN65qDD4X430TyHSBdtMMdheKi8HqUTv0zYK4msdUaKsYaVVrxoCzB0QAvD_BwE

List is supposed to be $3800.

Well… Crap. That’s tough. Hopefully I win one then :grin:

2 Likes

Have you checked out the HTP Invertig 221? Pretty incredible for the price.

1 Like

Honestly $2500 vs $2995 actually makes the Miller look like a bargain because of all the processes it’ll do plus I already have a spoolmate 150 to use with it

All good, but I would seriously consider adding a cooled torch if you plan to do much aluminum and tig. Otherwise the spool gun is pretty handy. I’m personally saving up for the Pulse 200 from HTP, an multi process welder as well but with synergic capabilities and few other mig possibilities for less than the red or blue machines.

2 Likes

Lots of red and blue folks out there, not just political parties… right? Lol.

2 Likes

Don’t get caught up to much on red and blue machines. HTP has some great machines with options you see on machines 2-3 times the cost. I have a HTP 2400 MIG and it is in my opinion just as good if not better than a miller 252 which we had at work. Give the HTP inverting a look before you make your purchase. I love TIG welding, especially aluminum! Best of luck!

2 Likes

I guess I’m not hung up on a brand. The welding shop locally sells Miller. I am somewhat hung up on made in the USA though. Not that I haven’t bought foreign stuff as that would be impossible but I try to get the domestic stuff first and above all quality stuff. I’ve never looked at HTG and I’m not against it but don’t know anything about them yet. I appreciate the suggestions

Don’t count out Everlast either. I use the everlast 200 ac/dc tig/stick welder. Great machine!! Has digital amperage readout, ac frequency and balance, pulse, etc… can’t beat the 5 year warranty especially on a machine that is a little over $1000 if you can catch it on sale

2 Likes

Don’t forget Razorweld. I rock a CK worldwide tig (made by Razorweld) and a Razorweld tig 200 ac/dc (around $1900) and it’s awesome

1 Like

I have been using an AHP Alpha-Tig 200 i bought on amazon for $800. It has been able to easily do everything i have asked of it so far. Aluminum, stainless, carbon steel, ect… You get a lot of functionality for a lower cost machine

1 Like

I’ve owned the ck200 ac/DC machine since its release super smooth inverter machine especially running Ac

I sold a Lincoln square wave 185 transformer machine after buying an AHP Alpha 200 inverter machine about a year ago. So far so good. 1/4 the weight and has welded everything I have tried very well. The Hertz adjustment makes aluminum welding easier and for less than $800 bucks to boot.

2 Likes

Avortec has a multi function with AC/DC TIG with a pretty decent duty cycle.

I ordered one today! Hopefully it’s as awesome as I have envisioned. I have watched lots of videos and reviews and it looks to be a great machine. Finally going to get my first try at TIG welding. I’ve got a 211 MIG and I’m looking forward to leaving one machine setup with the 150 spoolgun so I can do any type of welding without doing a bunch of switching around.

2 Likes

I have the Multimatic 220. It’s a beast - great welder - best I’ve ever owned and I love it. I also have an late 2019 AHP AlphaTig 201XD (with the new pedal) which is a great TIG/Stick for the price - but if I was just doing TIG - I’d look hard at the HTP Invertig as someone previously mentioned - it’s a great machine. I’ve heard good things about the ESABs as well - they have one that is very similar to the Multimatic 220.

I used to have a Multimatic 200 with TIG, and I loved that machine - it was portable, lightweight and a strong welder…but it doesn’t do AC tig. If I didn’t need/want AC TIG, I’d still have it - I regret selling it.

My son has been welding for 3 summers now as his summer job for a local fab shop. He is now dual enrolled in a Tech school for welding and has decide to make a career out of it. I had a Millermatic 180 which was an awesome welder but lacked TIG and I have always wanted to get better at tig since my Aircraft mechanic days. Well, we just bought this welder a month ago and I can tell you, this 220 is an awesome machine. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a small shop or as a hobbiest. You can’t go wrong.

2 Likes