The "move" or " Copy" box

Sometimes when I try to box in a part to copy or move I get a rectangular option and other times I get a free form thing. If I nest a few parts to cut together sometimes I can not grab one out later to modify. What am I missing…?

Up in your toolbar on the right hand side you’ll see a icon that says select.

In that drop-down menu you can pick from different selection types.

Hitting escape usually automatically brings you to whatever selecting type you had before.

There is a hot key to toggle your selection type from rectangle or lasso there’s lots of different options in that selection drop-down bar.

It might change on you cuz you’re accidentally hitting the hotkey sometimes.

Also depending on how you drag this selection window over the items.

If you pull a selection box down from the top right to the bottom left it will only select the items that are totally enclosed within that box.

If you pull a selection box from the bottom right to the top left to select something even if a piece of the item is in the selection box it’ll select the entire item.

3 Likes

Tyler Beck, F360 Youtuber, has a great way to remember the directions:
If you go to the right, the selection is more conservative and only grabs things you cover completely; if you go towards the left, the selection is more liberal in that anything you touch gets selected.
:grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks again for your help, I don’t know what I would do without all of this support…

1 Like

I have noticed that it can act very differently depending on start point, I will have to keep this in\ mind and Thank You !

@skidmarksgarage

Here is a quick Twitch Video on the two different ways

selection tools