THC upgrade on older machine

I’m looking at a used Crossfire 2x2 table, and it doesn’t currently have THC. Purchase date: May of 2019.

Are there hardware revisions that I should be aware of that are more reliable?

Can I upgrade this table to have THC with the parts currently sold on Langmuir’s website?

Are there hardware revisions that make the upgrade path easier?

Thank you!

I found this link. Personally I have no other information. If you search on this forum for “THC upgrade for crossfire” 50 threads show up.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t have THC on my crossfire PRO. I would suggest getting good deal on the crossfire and using it without it for a little while before adding another $400 to used table. It also adds another thing to control. It’s not a mist have item but does help with tip-ups and thin heated flexing metal cutting.

1 Like

We have an OG Crossfire (2x2) that we installed the THC kit onto. No issues with the kit except the need to scavenge a few screws from the original electronics enclosure. That and make sure to check the Z-axis coupler! (Ours arrived loose and caused a short period of anxiety.)

1 Like

Yeah, looks like it’s actually 750 for the Gen1 hardware (I assume a May 2019 mfg date would be Gen 1). Seems like with that much money (for the used table plus the upgrade) it maybe makes more sense just to buy a Pro…

Thanks Simsworx, helpful to know that the transition was smooth.