THC not connecting, tries everything so far

I have a new crossfire pro i just put together. I have gotten everthing working except the thc. It shows no connection. I have been doing a lot of reading on here but i dont seen anything having the same exact problem. Tried to auto connect, manual connect, ect. Thank you for the help in advanced.

I have more pictures of everything but it will only let me upload one picture because i am new.

Have you downloaded and installed the drivers for the thc? Do you have the cables from THC connected correctly?

As far as i know everything is connected correctly. I have downloaded everything. Manually downloaded everything.

The yellow lights in the last picture are blinking. Not sure of thats correct or not?

I am unsure about the yellow light. Is the THC chip installed d correctly and completely?

Did you try this download?

1 Like

Well. In messing with all of that i got it to connect somehow. Not quite sure what i did to do that. But now the torch is firing. Im using a titanium 65. Im wandering if i should have used the red splice clamps instead of the blue ones. Maybe the wires are too small for the blue ones. I would swap them now but i dont have enough time tonight. Thanks for the help so far Phillip.

2 Likes

THC has nothing to do with whether or not torch fires or not. It is best to solder the torch fire wires, the connectors that are sent in kit belong in garbage, if you look at torch cable wires when you strip back insulation, they have three layers around each wire. Make sure you remove all insulation when stripping the wire back or you will get intermittent torch fire problem.
If you don’t have enough air psi to torch you will have torch misfire and if you have torch mounted wrong in holder you will have torch not fire or intermittent misfires as well.

2 Likes

Thanks rat. I meant now that i have the thc working, i now cant get the torch to fire. Not related at all. It was just my next step in trying to cut something. Yeah i dont like using those connectors but i wanted to be sure that i was using the right wires on the plasma cutting before soldering. I definitely have enough air pressure. Maybe i will have time tonight to mess with it after work. Il keep you guys posted either way. Thank you for the help.

So last night i fixed the wiring on the plasma cutter and the torch is firing now. but when i fired everything up and hooked the laptop up, the thc wasnt connected anymore. I went through all the stuff i did before to get it to work and i couldnt not figure it out. on the plus side i did end up cutting out my first part which was cool. The last thing i need to figure out is the thc.