THC non operational during straight cuts

Any ideas why THC does not work during straight cut code generated by Firecontrol?

This is because your Torch Speed is never more than 85% of the Program Speed.

There is a bug in the mm Straight Cut Program Speed that is reported to THC it seems. It has been logged and sent to development. You should be able to use inches until this is fixed.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll try that!

I’ve tried switching to inches but I get this error now, switching back it works as before (no THC)

What do I do about that? Thanks!

Are you trying to run an IHS program without a Z-axis? IHS and THC are not the same. Toggling off THC will not prevent the IHS sequence from running if it is in your program.

If the IHS sequence is in your program (G38.2 and G38.4 commands before a cut), this error is because the initial state of the IHS floating torch head is incorrect or there is something else going on causing it to think so. Are you seeing the IHS indicator (bottom of FC) ON all the time? What post processor and machine versions are you running? Do you see the IHS indicator turn on and off as you lift up on the torch and let go (opening the IHS circuit)?

Switching between inches and mm should not have any affect on this.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you mean by running ihs without a z axis.

When can we expect a fix for this bug please?

Hi, is there any progress on this fix please?

I just tried the straight cut and got the same error while trying to leave on the THC. I had to turn off the THC to allow the straight cut to work. I have a pro table with z axis THC. I programed the machine in inches to cut across 48 inches on the x axis, that was it. Is the THC supposed to run when we use the straight cut option?

when using the straight cut option there is a toggle in the section to turn on IHS…toggle it on…then leave THC on…try that