THC is not showing up in Fire Control

@langmuir-reilly When I turn on fire control I see the height control says no connection the IHS does work however, any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

IHS and THC are not related in any way. The most common reason for no THC connection is the driver. I know the instructions say the driver will load automatically, but it doesn’t in a lot of cases. You can find the driver in the downloads section and manually install it. Look for the Firecontrol USB THC driver. Downloads | Langmuir Systems

2 Likes

Hi Calvin!

Are you using a Windows device or a Mac device?

If you’re using a Windows device, could you post a screenshot of the “Ports” section of the computer’s Device Manager? This section is usually hidden by default - to see it, select “View” in the menu bar, then select “Show hidden devices”.

1 Like

Thank you for the help I was able to get it sorted out, however now I am having an issue with the Razor Weld cut 45 missing cuts. After it fails to cut the full file it will ask me if I want to try again which I will and then it still fails to cut. Any recommendations as for what I can try and do to keep this from happening?

Thank you again.

There has been times that I will start back at work zero before retrying the cut. Sometimes this seems to work or it is just my imagination that it helps.

When it skips a cut, does it give any explanation? Obviously it (FC) knows that it didn’t cut. Many times the error is that the “torch started to move before firing.” Increasing the torch delay helps immensely if that is the case.

Is it throwing an error when it fails to cut?

Make sure your plasma cutter is in 2t mode. I’m on my phone right now, so I can’t post the picture of the setting.

Edit: found the pic. You want the top light on.

1 Like