Thank you all for you help

I would like to thank all the power users here for their ideas, solutions and guidance. @TinWhisperer @ChelanJim @rat196426 @dbrub2 @CrazyCasey and many more

I did have a fair bit of complications getting my table set up and running . Should not have taken 36 working hours.

IMO the directions could be better. Maybe less info, more specific detail, or even better, tags on the legs, frame and rails (nice the bags were marked). A lot of “Will be addressed later” in the directions and never get addressed, that I could find easily.

Setting up the THC, initial homing, and homing with the limit switches all gave me fits. Spent 3 hours trying to sort out my IHS issue which came down to a wiring diagram error or a miss wired cable on somebodies part. Factory CNC port, Hypertherm cable, live voltage wiring is reverse of instructions.

Combined with Firecontrol locking up during testing and having to restart either the program, the table control, or both repeatedly. That and a mystery alarm that I could not figure out how to find out what the alarm is, just highlighted in Red, and would no go away until I did a restart.

Little concerned that I had to severely rack the legs to get the Axis rails square. Had to move the rear legs in about 1/2" on the left, and 1" on the right. Everything else was square up until the axis rails. Just would not line up no matter what I tried (top frame tubes square, Axis rails 5/16" off at the rear.

First test cut on some nasty painted 1/4" scrap plate had virtually no dross, and while the 1/2" plate that I tried was real heavy on the dross which came off with light taps, and in 3" chunks, was phenomenal compared to my hand cuts, and I have been hand cutting for 4 years - they are not bad. Square within .015 +/- and I have not squared up the 3d printed mount or torch.

Built a base frame which lifts the table up 10", water tank and bar drains are in (still need to plumb in). Drag chains for the torch, and working on a 3d print isolator for the electronics box that covers the entire leg not just the three screw holes - to make it a bit more of a solid mount, less wobbly. I would really like to flat out remove it and mount to my tool cart/computer stand. Might be my winter project with a Deutsch 23 pin barrel connector.

7 Likes

This is exactly why L/S has this forum. You could take 100 people and everyone of them will want something different in the directions. The price point dictates what you get as in everything, and in this case you get a Forum that is almost like having a large group of techs just waiting to help.

Glad you got it all sorted out.

7 Likes