Table Movements Freezes, Cutting does not and FireControl Issues

So I have my table together and ran the break in program with no cut just fine. I have also made a manual straight cut successfully.

I am using a PrimeWeld Cut 60 with CNC port wired for divided voltage.

I drew up a very simple part to use for a test cut since I am new to Fusion 360 CAM and followed the tutorial on the Langmuir site for post processing, I used values recommended for my plasma cutter. Unfortunately I cannot get through the program. The first cut is a circle and I get through about 2/3 of it when table travel stops but the torch continues to run. I have to manually power off the torch, then power off the CNC electronics and close FireControl because FireControl is frozen and I cannot do anything from within the software. I have attached the GCode for reference. Fire Control always shows G4 P0.5 as the line it freezes at, but based on the cut it seems like it is getting through a bit more of the code.

SimpleTestCut2.nc (1.7 KB)

During my very first attempt at making the manual straight cut, the software froze on me and left the torch running.

I am running the software on an HP laptop with Windows 10 64bit that exceeds the system requirements listed in the manual. I have even made sure there are no other programs running in the background.

My 2 attempt at running the program. Both times it stopped in exact same spot.

Check this:

Since Firecontrol is freezing, that is unlikely to be the cause. Instead it sounds like an electrical interference problem. However if he scrolls to the top the thread he will find information to possibly fix the interference issues.

The issue is definitely noise, and the triple looped ferrite choke will fix it. Send an email to support and we will send one.

So I rerouted all of my cables and wires to minimize crossing as much as possible. I ran the torch leads away from the VIM and electronics box as much as possible, and then aet the laptop as far away as possible. The cut completed but Firecontrol was froze. It wouldn’t let me jog the torch or even close the program. I’m assuming this is still part of the above issue? Other than that cut quality seems on point!

1 Like

Yeah, that happened to me once. Hasn’t happened a second time yet, and that’s after a few more cuts.

Post your experience in the pinned thread to keep it all in one place.

Thanks for the feedback. I got my hands on a ferrite ch oke yesterday and was able to cut through the entire program.

For whatever reason when I scanned the forum before posting the other thread did not show up in my search, but I appreciate the responses.

Now to get better and faster with CAMing

1 Like