Table Mod & Material Handling?

So I’ve been looking at vids and studying the assembly instructions on the XR. One thing that’s going to be an issue for me is how to handle larger sheets of steel. Presently, I have a moded engine lift that I’ve been using to lift sheets onto my old plasma table but the issue is the lower longitudinal channel on the XR is too low for the front casters on the lift to pass under the table. Can I modify (raise) the channel enough so the casters can pass underneath without causing any issues with the stability of the table? Thanks,

Don’t modify structure on table. I welded castors to the leveling pads so I can roll table if need be. Works great and give me 8" of clearance to floor.

I do like the caster idea but chances are I’ll never going to move the table. The more I think about it, I’ll get a chunk of all thread and some steel shims to go underneath then I can adjust it high enough.

What screen mount is that? Do you like the flexibility or has it run into more things?

I purchased off amazon, works great can swing out to side and moves up/down. When I load full sheet of material, I swing it out to side completely out of way and no water ever splashes on screen when cutting. $ 30 worthwhile investment.

1 Like

Do you have a link to that specific one? I haven’t found one that has 2 arms of vertical adjustment yet.

Type in Amazon Single monitor Wall mount. Won’t let me copy site link.

1 Like

@TritonSS @rat196426 - Do you get table movement with it being on casters like that?

I was wondering the same thing about possibly moving one of the lower longitudinal channels up one set of mount holes and then drilling 2 more to get the extra height for the engine hoist to slide under. Just wanted to see how this is working for you.

No movement, over 500 hours of cut time on table and gantry still square. Might be able to get your hoist under with the castors on table? I think I have 8-12 " from floor to bottom side of rails, will measure tomorrow to let you know for sure.

1 Like

Thanks, I interested to know how much height it added to the table. I do plan on relocating the engine hoist casters under an added top welded plate in order to make it more low profile.

My table height is 41" now with castors, table 35" in stock configuration. I have 8.5" of clearance on bottom leg supports, my engine hoist is 7.5" rolls under leg supports.

1 Like

appreciate the details after your modification. spent some time today making brackets to weld on and lower the profile of the jack.

mostly finished with the modification of the lift. did go ahead and modify the XR by raising one side lower longitudinal channel up just a couple inches. There was zero movement of table once I removed the channel temporarily. Doing this keeps me at the same height and has just over 1" clearance with the modified lift.

2 Likes

Are you going to add castors to table? My table with the castors on it is a much better working height compared to when it was at original height.

I am not planning to at this time. I don’t really need to move the table around the shop, so would be tossing money at something that has already been addressed. Originally I thought I might want to move it, but if I need to I will use pallet jack and dolly.

1 Like