Summer 2023 Yard Tools and Storage Design "Contest"

Fusion 360 - One thing I did add is how you can double click doing open chain on a line and not have to click every single line to make it continuous. This is much easier to show in video with sound.

3 Likes

I need to add some more tree to this one next time. I’m always playing…

4 Likes

Great idea, thanks for driving this.

My entry is a simple rack system. I already have this made of wood and store bought brackets but if I didn’t, I would probably try to reproduce with metal.

The primary bar would be made of 1/8" inch plate, 4 inches wide. This one, designed in the sheet metal, has the mountings at 48 inches with a stand-off of 6-1/2 inches from the wall. This allows adequate clearance for most line trimmer heads. The bar would also serve as the mount for the “tool holder” that could be used separately by mounting on the wall or with the extra attachments, mounted to this primary bar at any location.

You could make as many “tool holders” as you needed and combine on the bar or on the wall.

Note: I did not put any slots in the primary bar as the bends could be performed with proper equipment and I wanted it to have the extra strength without welding.

The tool bracket is meant to be riveted (1/4" rivets) to the backside of the “tool holder” and reaches over the primary bar. It is secured with the small squeeze plate with (2) 1/4" bolts.

Additional note: My “supportive” wife does not want me using up metal for something that we already have “sorted.”

Overview of the project:

Tool holder and flat pattern:

Primary support bar:

Close-up of the bracket holder pieces:

3 Likes

Well day is the “last” day but feel free to keep posting yard tool and storage projects here.

1 Like