Strong Hand ball lock bolts compatible?

Anyone using the various ball lock bolts from strong hand tools with their arcFlat?

I will be getting many of the strong hand tool fixturing accessories, squares and all and want to ensure this will have high compatibility with the arcFlat table tops. Don’t see any reason why they woudln’t, maybe a little play since they are 5/8 and it appears the arcFlat is closer to the 16mm hole size, but still on a 2" grid pattern.

Deciding between 3 arcFlats, 36" x 72" total and make my own rolling frame for it… or just get the strong hands Rhino 30" x 48" cart with plasma extension, a turn key solution. I really like the cast iron and side skirts of the arcFlat, waffling to say the least but ready to buy now!

What did you end up with?

I purchased the StrongHand Rhino cart, have used it on several projects. I ended up wanting a turn key setup on casters with storage for clamps and all the accessories stored below. I would have ended up building my own custom bench on casters and storage below if I went the ArcFlat way… and I just didn’t want to do that at the time… overall, I’m very pleased with the Rhino cart. I think both options are great.

For me, I have found in my space and even if I had more shop space the 30" x 48" top is a great size. If I went 3 arc flats for a 36" x 72" total size I would have doubled that as my other assembly/misc workbench… but now I’m very glad I’ not trying to make my welding table do double duty… it’s always setup for a quick welding project, etc…

Plus when I purchased my kit at 10% discount, it came with the set of several included accessories and those can add up fast, you could easily spend more on clamps and fixturing jigs than what the table costs.

I like the idea that they have a “system” and have so many things in their arsenal to compliment the Rhino cart…and I know if I ever need more stuff from stronghand, it’ll be built and ensured fit… where another product’s clamp or 5/8 or 16mm setup might not fit work correctly.

I do wish my top was cast iron, but it probably doesn’t matter. I weld mostly, if not all, aluminum… and having a surface where the welding bbs don’t naturally stick is really nice… I never worry about that, since the Rhino’s steel top won’t let aluminum welding bbs stick, brush them off with my glove and hand… now when I plan to do weld steel and some brazing… then that might be where I want a cast iron surface.

On the other hand, I like the thicker top of the Rhino cart, 5/8 thick… I think the ArcFlat is 3/8". When using the locating and ball locks from strong hand, I think a thicker top is of benefit.

You have a great table here, and your setup is hard to beat.

How about some pics of your setup?

I can take pic but it doesn’t look much different than the pics you can see on the strong hand tools site. It’s pretty much assembled and used, haven’t really modified it in anyway… though I do plan to add some type of tool chest on the bottom shelf for more organize storage of some of the accessoires.