Strange issue with Arc (Solved)

I just assembled my crossfire, no THC. Im using a Razorweld 45 with the machine torch. Im having a strange issue where the torch will spark once when trying to pierce and then no arc while its supposed to be cutting. It doesnt pierce even with a 1 second pierce delay. I have checked continuity on the torch on/off port on the electronics enclosure on the table, and I checked the toch on/off cable and it has continuity as well, so I dont think its the relay. I have my torch set at roughly .030" off the material, ground clamp is on clean steel on the workpiece. My compressor is set at 100 PSI and I have my razorweld set around 75 psi, Im getting plenty of air. Im thinking maybe its an issue with the Razorweld but Im open to any and all suggestions.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums.

I would check how your consumable pack is put together again.

Maybe try backing off the retaining ring that holds the consumable slightly just to see if maybe there’s a slight clearance issue.

Maybe try a different set of consumables.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will get that a try

1 Like

I took the torch apart and put it back together, I tried some extra consumables as well and its still doing the same thing. I loosened the torch holder but still nothing changed.

1 Like

@mechanic416 what do you figure on this one?

1 Like

I just figured it out, I ended up taking the plasma cutter apart and checking the continuity on the torch wiring inside the case and everything looked good there. And then I got to thinking about an old super cheap 110v cutter I had a couple years ago and how it would do something similar mid cutting. I ended up checking my 220v outlet in my shop and found one of the hot leads wasnt giving any power. I rewired the outlet and now everything is working! Thank you for help!

4 Likes

That’s great to you got it figured out. And thank you for the update it’ll help someone else in the future when they stumble upon this post.

1 Like