Starting in the wrong plain

Hello,

We just upgraded our crossfire to the crossfire pro and we have it all set up and ready to cut but it seems to us that our home is strating in the wrong plain? On our last crossfire our home was in the top right corner and this one is starting in the bottom left corner. How do i fix this? Is it something i did wrong in setting up the crossfire pro?

I have attached an image above of what it looks like when i pull up fire control.
Thanks for all the help!

Bottom left is the standard for X/Y zero. If you have limit switches, the machine home is upper left corner.

You can set the work zero anywhere you want it by jogging the torch to that spot and hitting the zero all axis button.

If you’re referring to the origin in your drawing, you can set that in your CAM program.

You can also change it in Firecontrol by hitting the “set program origin” button. That will place 5 green boxes on your drawing. Select the box that you want to be the origin point.

1 Like

Thank you we do have limit switches. I have attached another picture to show you what it looks like when i load a project. It looks like it in half. So do i need to do the “set program origin” and move it to where it does not cut it off?

it also gives me the error that the program extends beyond the machine travel limits?

Based on your image, it appears that your part starts from the lower left. It also looks like your table is currently in the upper left corner. If your material is on the table, jog to the lower left corner of where you want to cut, then zero all work axis.

thank you for the help i think that worked. Sorry for the very basic questions i am very new to this.

1 Like

You need to understand the difference between the machine home and your work zero and it’s relationship to the program origin.

The program origin is the spot where Firecontrol will place your work zero. If your origin is in the lower left and your work zero is at the upper left of the table, the lower left corner of your design will be put at the upper left corner of the table work area. This places your entire design outside the work area of the table.

The correct way, in my opinion, is to move the torch to the spot, on the table, where you want the lower left corner of your design to be. Then hit the zero all axis button for the work home.

You will not be able to do all of your cutting from the machine home position, unless you keep track of where you have already cut and learn to use work coordinate offsets in your CAM program.

In my opinion, those limit switches have caused far more issues than they have solved. People kept asking for them, so Langmuir provided them, but they aren’t necessary.

On your picture, if you click the “set program origin” button and choose the green box in the upper left corner, it will put your design within the work area of the table.

1 Like

No worries! We all have to start somewhere!

I’m glad that seems to help. The difference between Machine home and Work home can be confusing at first. Machine home is fixed at Upper Left (at last on my OG Crossfire.) Work home is where ever you Zero All Work Axis. (Lower Left corner of my material.) Work home is also the location that Go To Work Zero will travel to.

Good luck!

Edit - Opps! @ds690 beat me to it!