Stand for PC, Monitor, and Control Box

Moved the control box off of the machine frame. Starting to clean up the wires. The touch control that plugs into the plasma cutter could use longer wires as well as the wire going to the torch height sensor. Anyone know of an off the shelf extension that will work to lengthen those wires?

2 Likes

Amazon.com: DC 12V Power Adapter Extension Cord Cable 10ft (3m) 18AWG 2.1mm x 5.5mm Male to Female Plug for CCTV Security Surveillance IP Cameras, DVR, LED Light Strip, Max Load 10A : Electronics

1 Like

Thx, I’m going to try one out.

I want to do the same, but I really don’t like the serial cables they used for the stepper motors. Should have used amphenol, or the aviation plugs.

2 Likes

I agree, this is what I used when I replaced the enclosure with a splashproof one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BKW6LZQ/
SD20, gold plated contacts, 1/4turn locking, and IP68 rated.

You could get by with a smaller diameter (SD16), lower current version, but this is before I knew the current rating of the steppers…

1 Like

If I can save enough coin this year, I am looking at the onefinity CNC router with Masso controller, that I may pirate to run both the router and PRO. Move the Masso from tool to tool. Then it will be a full rebuild on the PRO…

With the basic moving the control box, I would get a 24pin and cable, and put a breakout panel on the PRO and either hardwire the box or put a second panel mount to remove the cable.

1 Like

Interesting idea. How is the Masso controller configuration changed as you move from one bed to the other?

It’s been about 5 months since I was reading up on it, but it seemed to me that it was as simple as just a different tool or machine setup in the Masso. Might be wrong and it is a one unit one tool kind of thing. Outside my scope this whole CNC control thingy.

I have a Mill ,Plasma and Lathe, can I use MASSO to run multiple machines?

Yes, MASSO can be used to run Mill, Plasma or Lathe. When you purchase your MASSO you are given access to all software and can change between software when you power on your MASSO. 
Each software version has its own personal configuration file which you can load when you load the software
The process to change between software and load the configuration file takes approximately 90 seconds from start to ready to run.
There is no extra cost for using multiple software's on one MASSO controller.

From the Masso website.

1 Like

Seems like that covers the issue! Thanks for the info!

This kind of system certainly solves the problem of MS stomping all over your working system! About equivalent to a moderately priced laptop too. Start a new thread (unless you have already) once you get going on this…

1 Like