Stacking bodies over others

if i designed a 2 layer sign, one separate piece stands off of the main piece. how do i stand the second piece off of the first to show someone what the finished sign will look like?

Create an offset plane and move the second body to it

2 Likes

Is this to demonstrate how it’s constructed? Assembly Animation is really handy to do that.

just to show the finished product, not assembly

In the design workspace you could use the align tool to orientate them directly on top of each other.

Once they’re orientated on top of each other you could use the move tool to drag the top body up the amount you want to standoffs.

1 Like

thanks, also, can each lead in be adjusted separately. such as to cut a small hole, the lead in may have to be shorter. or you’d just make them all the same based on the smallest lead in?

I’ll definitely run as many operations as I have to to achieve the geometry I want.

I find even for super detailed work, a .125 lead in will almost always work. Sometimes I get a warning in sheetcam that some elements are too small for a lead in at that setting. I just run it anyway and it still comes out well.

I suppose I should look into creating a rule to shorten the lead in to 1/16 is 1/8 can’t fit, or to manually changing it. But it seems to work out fine for me as it is. You’re really pushing the limits of plasma if a 1/8 inch lead in won’t fit.