Spring 2023 Firepit design "contest"

pic of metal differences…

2 Likes

I brought 2 of these into reality .

ezgif-4-e7c9a0d186

I made some ramen and broccoli for the kids.

took about 12 minutes to boil 6.5cups of water.

a wise note. " do not use your nice pot from the kitchen and burn some pitchy bark mix in with the wood."
was an ugly mess to clean up.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/spring-2023-firepit-contest-folding-firebox-stove-remix-2-14-ga

I would make the slots just slightly larger if I was to make another.

9 Likes

This is awesome!

2 Likes

Outstanding!

So how much trouble are you in? Is it:
Level 1 (Low level, already better). “Honey, I’m sorry.”
Level 2 (Mea culpa moment). “I would like to take you out to dinner tonight to let you know how special you are to me.” or,
Level 3 (Armageddon) . “I know you have been wanting…[fill in the blank]. Why don’t we just do it!”

3 Likes

Not sure yet still working on it…

2 Likes

Ruh Row! :grimacing:

1 Like

try toothpaste, baking soda and little bit of water…warm soapy water is much tougher on the wrist

2 Likes

you should make some kinda holder to hold everything together while transporting.

1 Like

You do them out of 14ga? I like this design.

I have seem some that have handles built-in but that is a great idea.

My firepit is finished and burns wood. I added the chair next to it so you could scale it. i did add a few pieces of angle iron in bottom. I could have made a couple with scrap but was after thought. This is no weld design. I’m excited to see it start rusting and changing color in next few weeks.

Bear firepit made for 14ga steel | FireShare | Langmuir Systems

7 Likes

Very nice. Looks like you’ve captured a forest fire. :blush:

6 Likes

I know I’ve seen some that are like a clamshell. You stack everything on one side then close it on top of the stack.

1 Like

Thank you ,Yes made out of 14 gauge. The design is a third generation remix heavily modified. I have a new one in the works that’s completely original.

I might make a couple different firepit rings for the fileshare. Simple and easy I was thinking like 15" tall x 30" wide so you could get 3 of them on 1 sheet on the PRO. That would make a little over a 28.5" ring. I only see one on the fileshare which is surprising to me.

2 Likes

I’ve been working on another mini stove(not quite complete). I’ll live stream a little walk through.

This stove maybe the exact same foot print as the last stove I posted but it is new design complete.

I wanted to add some efficientancy to this design

2 Likes

Add pizza cooker for 16” size on top of it as add-on. Nothing like having some cool and unique in your bbq area

3 Likes

Good idea. I like the secondary air and damper system. That is the beauty of “The Egg” for controlling the air, thus controlling the temperature. This could be marketable!

3 Likes

Not a bad idea. I would have to do it with a big thick pizza stone to keep the temperature more even. 16 inch might be a little big for the stove. The footprint is 5 in x 8 in and it’s 10 inches tall.
The add-on I was thinking about for the top would be to attach a flu pipe in case you wanted to use it inside somewhere.

Thank you,
wanted to do something to minimize the smoke.

Potentially.
There is a few mini wood stoves with secondary combustion air but this from my research will be the miniest.

3 Likes

My firepit don’t look new anymore. I rusted it out last night with some vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, salt, and water. I let the storm rinse all the stuff off last night. First time i ever rusted something.

3 Likes