South cackalackey new guy

Hi all, I just bought the pro table to get started. I have no real experience in design or cutting, but i plan to hit it hard and fast and learn whatever I can. If anyone has any advice please respond be it software, hardware, timing and tuning etc. etc. It would be appreciated.

Thanks, Brendan

1 Like

@Constantproject Welcome to the forum!.

Congratulations on your Crossfire pro purchase.

Well there is no end to the software that you can use. Any design file that’ll produce a DXF or SVG file format is suitable for design. My personal preferences Fusion 360 but users have success with all sorts of Software.

These are not the adjectives you’re looking for while learning CAD CAM. :joy:.
Think slow and steady, foundational learning.

This forum site has tens of thousands of topics that cover almost every scenario. In the top right hand corner of the screen there is a magnifying glass icon which will allow you to search the content of this site. A good starting point would be if you could outline one project you want to start with, the equipment and consumables you are using and we could help develop specific scenario to a tackle that project.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Ditto to this!

2 Likes

Welcome to the group!! I am formerly from North Cackalackey!! Lived there for 23 years