[SOLVED] Help, no torch control

You are fine! You didn’t. I looked it up like you said and saw there wasn’t a removable one and went onto something else in the shop! But I have a yellow light now too! Wonder if username1 had that too!

Just got off the phone with Cameron, did a quick diagnosis on the torch control. New board is getting shipped out!

2 Likes

i like the reloaction of your monitor and plasma! i assume you had to get a longer USB cable?

I didn’t have that orange light like you do, but I also don’t have my THC hooked up either just yet.

I don’t know how to change my username in the forum for some reason.

Yes I am having to make the USB, THC and Torch on/off cables longer. I’m hoping that putting the plasma cutter as far away from the computer and control panel that I won’t have any other issues. If I do I’m prepared to do some kind of Earth grounding system for RFI. Also have multiple snap chokes that are even bigger than the ones that they send that I can start isolating RFI on certain cables.

I got this cable so we’ll see how that goes. There are also what’s called active USB cables which have some kind of booster to send the signal further, because you only supposed to go 16 ft or so on USB 2. I’m pretty sure that boosting the signal in the data cable should reject some of the RFI some how.

MOSWAG Long Printer Cable 16.4FT/5M Scanner Cable USB Printer Cord USB Type A to Type B Scanner Cord High Speed Compatible with HP,Canon,Epson,Dell,Lexmark,Brother,Xerox,Samsung and More https://a.co/d/flLfMxg

1 Like

well i appreciate the help! i tracked down the problem ( same as yours) so hope everything will be good to go!

PS if you want to change your username.

• go to the icon in the top right hand corner
  • Click and get to your profile page
  • you are going to click on “PREFERENCES” and edit your information there

No problem man, that’s what we’re here for is to have collective knowledge.

For some reason there’s no option to edit your name only your profile picture. I might need an admin to help me with that.

1 Like

Cool to see you figured out the screen name!

1 Like

Daniel, one of the admins had to change it for me. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Hey, did you get a chance to try that USB cable? I am looking at ordering one but just wanted to check in on quality and function

I just got the motion board today and I haven’t been home just yet,but without the plasma torch it works for sure.

1 Like

hoping to see my new board today! hope the new heart will do her good!

1 Like

I’m in the process of changing out my board right now and I noticed this right before I pulled it apart. Something’s burnt on the board. It almost looks like in your picture yours is burnt up too in the same spot. I could smell it this time when I took the cover off.

Yea. Should be “C32”? When I talked with Cameron, we went over this. He sent me this picture.

MINE IS FIXED!

5 Likes

UPDATE!!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the new board from langmuir fixed my problems and we are up and running! I have cut up to 3/8" with my hypertherm 65 sync and its beautiful! Looking to cut 1/2" today sometime.

9 Likes

That cut looks like perfection! Not that I am any kind of resource on cut quality but that would get me hyped in my shop. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am very happy with the cut quality of these parts and the 1/2 cut just as good!

1 Like

Glad to hear about good tech support. I havent used my machine yet, but having just put it together, I can say that I am impressed with the quality and the instructions. This machine is NICE (XR)…hard to imagine what you get with pricier machines, but for me this is going to be more than excellent.