SOCAL | Crossfire Pro

Finally convinced the 'ole lady to let me order a CNC table and it arrived 22FEB. Hopefully, this weekend will be its maiden voyage.

Assembled :crossed_fingers:
Simple Cart :ok_hand: (Will add some shelving later)
Modified Drain Plug :facepunch:
Rubberized the Pan :crossed_fingers:
Had fun?

Firecontrol recognizes the THC and was able to complete the provided test run. It was also able to test fire the torch. Everything, mechanical looks like it is good to go as soon as I get a handle on the Fusion software. :beers:

3 Likes

Congrats. I did the same as you (and many others) and had my cutter under the table.

Once you max out the range of your machine you will absolutely soak your plasma cutter. Should move it now or take some measures to protect it.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. That location is only temporary and why the base is a little longer on that side. I plan to put shelves there and place the torch above the plane of the table as well as move the electronics to the outside of those shelves.

I ordered a CrossFirePro , but my better half doesn’t know about it yet! I determined decades ago I’m gonna catch it regardless so I may as well have it on the floor when it hits the fan.
Warning! This attitude only works with amiable women. Mine is a quick healer. Hispanic women are like that or at least mine is.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Kazper I’m curious to see how your titanium does. I will be using mine until I can get the big faces for the Hypertherm. Where have you found to get consumables for the titanium? I’ve been getting them off eBay, but I’m sure there’s probably a cheaper option for the same items.

@Joel48 I’d be dead within the week for just thinking of attempting a maneuver like that…

@Sacco Mine is actually brand new and bought specifically for this table. Part of the reason I went with the Titanium is I have a Harbor Freight five minutes down the road for easy access to the OEM consumables. I haven’t researched much more into it at the moment.

when I ordered my table my CFO actually told me to buy the bigger table with the options…better be happy than regretful…
problem is she allowed the moster out of the closet…hehehehehehe

2 Likes

LOL at ‘CFO’

1 Like

thanks…funny thing is…I do call her that for my small business…but she actually is one for a major property management frim and developer here in town.

1 Like

@toolboy I’ve always been a firm believer in ‘buy once cry once’. Usually, it ends up saving me money in the long run.
We will see if I made a mistake in going with the Titanium… After procuring the table, upgrading my MIG and acquiring a TIG I was told I needed to cut some costs somewhere. I’ve seen quite a few favorable reviews on it and having the consumables just around the corner seemed like a win.

1 Like

My wife is incredible, she feels that the more time spent out in the shop is cheaper then therapy and much more effective and at any cost as long as I am paying. As one can tell by my little shop I have out back my therapy is going quite well.

3 Likes

@brownfox shelves, cable management, clear path for x-axis cable and tapped the end cap to zip tie it above the screw. Everything else elevated and shifted.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful. Makes me want to build the same thing. I think I will. That’s genius.

1 Like

Welp, I think I have a vague understanding of the software now and was able to put together a simple name card for the 'ole lady. Nothing too crazy but we be cookin with oil now.

Titanium 45A Pierce Delay:
@Sacco I ended up having to bump the pierce delay. At .5 it wouldn’t even execute the program and at .6 it stopped half way through cutting a stack of 3x5 welding practice cards. The final attempt I put it at .75 and was able to cut out the below. Am I on the right track or did I miss a sweet spot somewhere between .6 and .75?

2 Likes

What I have done is bump the pierce delay 5 percent until it looks perfect, then do the math based on what my original settings were and then change my setting to the new value.

First pierce will always be a tad longer due to the post flow not being on. At least with my hypertherm that’s the case

1 Like