Small Area of Sketch Refuses to Extrude

I recently downloaded this awesome triaxle truck (Dylan Hensley). I spent considerable time making some changes I thought would help me cut it. Even though he has cut it as it was uploaded, I have had problems with fine detail, so I was dumbing it down for myself.

I tried to Extrude and kept getting an error. Used the divide and conquer method to get it down to a tiny sliver of space that will not Extrude. There are no lines or features inside the trouble zone. The entire rest of the sketch will Extrude.

Anybody encounter this issue? Countermeasure ideas?
Rest of the Sketch Extruded

Zooming in to problem area

This one shows the area around the sliver will extrude.

Everything else Extruded. If those lines are deleted, the rest of the Sketch will not Extrude.

Triaxle Issue.dxf (641.3 KB)

Post the F3D

Triaxle Truck Sign v30.f3d (619.5 KB)

i cammed that with sheetcam. I think it probably discarded that little portion. sorry about the difficulties. cant wait to see your final product though!

3 Likes

I thought it might, but I was really curious about the cause. It literally prevents the entire rest of the drawing from extruding. And when I started the divide and conquer search for what was causing it, I had no idea where/what/how big. Took me over an hour to get down to that little sliver. I want justice! Well, knowledge anyway.

Making it for a friend whose son has his own trucking company. Here is the hanger to go under it.

Of course he chose a one-off font, so I had to draw the letters. Probably still add some small detail to fancy it up a bit.

It was a result of me framing the truck in the ellipse. I saw it in Inkscape but didn’t worry about it because I knew sheetcam would either cut it or drop it with no issue. Your font looks great!

2 Likes