Shipping Damage question

I’m not sure the extent of damage that people are contacting support for so I’d like to get some input. I mean, if you buy something and pay a bunch for shipping it should arrive undamaged, but what’s the ratio of undamaged to damaged tables on delivery?

reach out to langmuir with the pictures…

Well, yeah, I just don’t want to seem petty. It’s not just me though right? If you got these tables you’d be less than enthused?

This isn’t really Langmuir specific but when I make the assessment I look at two things - what would the item’s condition be in a month if it arrived in pristine condition and what are the likely resolutions & how will that impact my intended use.

So for something like my ArcFlat table I consider that it’s going to be getting hammered on, welded and scratched up in use. Pristine doesn’t provide any utility after the initial “it’s purty” :slightly_smiling_face: If it’s in a condition that might fail the first test (it arrived in a real mess) I try to figure out what will happen if I ask the supplier to fix it - am I going to have to ship it back to get it fixed, will they replace it, will that set me back in time so that it jeopardizes a project I wanted to be working on or will I potentially just get a few bucks back?

If it really can’t be used then I oftentimes I will do the fix myself so I can start using it right away. I only return something if it really needs to be pristine (I’m giving it as a gift or it’s furniture or something that’s not going to be heavily used) or can’t be fixed for less time/money than a return requires.

Your table I’d probably just take a grinder to it. No guarantee that the shipping company wouldn’t trash the replacement, the corner can be fixed by me pretty quickly (far quicker than reboxing, getting a return authorization and getting UPS to take it).

Please reach out to our team with these. The corner dings are likely low impact but the sizeable indentation in the sidewall seems otherwise.

2 Likes