Sheetcam won't import new svg created in Inkscape

Sheetcam will import all of my old svg files no problem. It will import an svg exported from Microstation. It will import an svg converted online but it will not import any svg I’ve created today on two different windows 10 computers. Both computers are up to date and are running the latest version of Inkscape. Any ideas?

Save them as DXF files before you import them into Sheetcam.

Could you have accidentally started saving them as Inkscape svgs instead of plain svg?

I’ve tried all of the svg save options and nothing.

I was deleting the trace and not the imported image.

I have been having this same issue with the Beta version, Les @ Sheetcam was able to replicate my issue and is working on an update.

Wanted to give an update to a similar issue I was having. I have been using the BETA version of Sheetcam that is available from the Sheetcam forums because I really like the newer interface and the start at center of hole feature makes smaller holes much easier to keep round. I have been having the same issue with SVG’s lately and Les @Sheetcam was able to replicate it with a sample file I sent him. There is a new version of BETA available in the Sheetcam forum if you want to try it out and see if it solves your issues also. (Scroll to the bottom of the thread on the Sheetcam.com forum to download the latest version) BETA can be activated with the same license file you are using for the released version.

1 Like