Sheetcam settings torch start up offset

So as I am learning this I am wondering when I set up a tap file, the initial movement of the torch moves into the cut. If I set the cut up next to my start point on the table it will move in and up by a small amount. I have not figured out which setting affects this movement distance.

I think your referring to your lead in. Are you using sheet cam?

Yes I am using sheet cam and I am still new but I am not referring to the torch cut lead in/lead out. I am referring to when the program first starts up and moves the torch into position for the lead in. There appears to be a small amount of offset where the torch moves in and up getting ready for the lead in, that is what I am referring too.

I guess I don’t know. Is the torch on or off? Video by chance

its more likely that i am not explaining it very well I don’t have a video the machine is working as it is suppose too. What I am trying to figure out is what the tolerance is from what is shown on the sheet cam cut from the edge of the material and the beginning of the cut.

In sheet cam look under zoom, grid options in the bottom of the window. Click on grid options, mine is set to .125 for both x and y. I believe this is what it moves as you move parts around it may also be the offset that your referring to.

Hey thanks for helping I will check that out I am cutting some parts tomorrow and will let you know if it is have a great night

Are you re zeroing your machine before each cut?

1 Like