Sheetcam options

Is there a difference from the sheetcam from Langmuir and the sheetcam development you can download directly from sheetcam? Thank you

Welcome to The forum.

There is a $10 difference.

Functionally no, you download the same SW, the license is $10 cheaper as TW pointed out.

I guess i should reword my original post. I thought i could just use the free download instead of purchasing it. But realized you get a very limitrd amount of gcode lines. :rofl::rofl:

I think you’d be limited to 500 lines of code which could cut you a square or something similar.

Enough to evaluate its operation but not enough to do anything of value.

Fusion 360 is free and it has CAM

Personally I think Sheetcam is worth it. It’s rare you can pay once for software and use it here on out. Too many subscription models now. Once you learn Sheetcam, it does exactly what is needed every time without fail for me. It’s a small cost compared to all the hardware of the table, plasma cutter, compressor etc.

2 Likes

I agree, if you have SheetCam you are no longer tied to a particular piece of design SW. You can get source material from virtually anywhere, import it into the SAME CAM SW and get the job done in the same way as any other source.

There’s a discussion in another thread about marking for small holes. It seems to be a challenge in a sophisticated 3D design tool. Trivial in SheetCam.