Sheetcam download?

is sheetcam a download or a disk? the LM store really don’t say what it is. thanks

download like everything else now a days. it’s rare that anything is on disk.

1 Like

great thanks

It’s a double sided double density so you’ll have to flip it halfway through loading.

@LesNewell time to get on future proofing.

2 Likes

you must have the newer version. mine came in this format.

4 Likes

Just having a little fun. Lol.

I hope your experience with your new plasma table is a good one.

If you run into any issues there’s a bunch of us falling over each other trying to answer questions on here everyday.

2 Likes

you guys had me wondering what I got myself into!!! LOL! :rofl:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I’m so new to this that you had me going for a second!

1 Like

I went on last night with my email including the link to obtain my sheetcam software. Entered some information and when done it indicated it would take 15 minutes and I would get notified from them. Its been about 13 hours and I have yet to see anything. How long does it take to get access normally?

Maybe they’re returning email went to the junk folder?

Nope, checked the spam folder.

Maybe @LesNewell will see this here and take a look into it for you!! He’s usually been pretty much on top of this sort of thing!! You’re gonna LOVE SheetCam by the way!!

Did you order from Langmuir or directly from SheetCam? You’ll need to contact LG if you bought it from them.
Also, SheetCam works on UK hours so you’ll need to factor that in also.

1 Like

I ordered from Langmuir, and had an email from Langmuir with a link that sent me to sheetcam to register, and I redeemed a token. When I did that it said there is normally a response within 15 minutes. That was approximately 10:00 last night (that was 4:00 am to them) and it is now after 7pm their time, one full working day. I then sent an email to them at 1:00 pm their time to ask if all had gone properly.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I’m not a regular visitor to this forum. I just checked and your license was emailed out. I’ll re-send it. If you don’t receive it within 10 minutes could you PM me with an alternate email address.

4 Likes

woo hoo. I now have a fully licensed version of sheet cam. One minor hurtle remains… figure out how to use it!

1 Like

Well if you figure it out let me know how to use it!:+1::rofl:

The first thing to do is create tools. In the “tools” window on the left side, click on the top icon that looks like a plasma torch to create a new jet cutting tool. Fill out the fields for the tool and save it. You need a different tool for each metal thickness and type.

You also need to install the Langmuir Firecontrol post processor and set it as the default.

It’s pretty easy to use once you know the basics of how to import a drawing(click on file and go down to “import drawing”. Once the drawing is on the screen, click on the top tool in the operations window to “create a new jet cutting operation”. Select the layer that your drawing is on and select “outside offset”(this will work for the majority of your drawings). Select the tool that is appropriate for the material and hit OK. You should now have a cut path showing on the screen with lead ins and pierce points and any error messages showing.

Note that it will always show an error message that open paths were not offset, if your drawing has open paths. This is normal and the paths will still cut. It will also show an error if the lead in won’t fit on certain contours. It will still cut those contours, but will not use a lead in.

Once you are satisfied with the toolpath, click on the green arrow button under the word “file” and this will run the post processor.

1 Like

Thank you David! This will head me in the right direction!

1 Like

I have not had much of a chance to play with it yet, as life has gotten in the way, but hopefully will play around with it some this weekend.