Sheetcam demo 180 lines limit

Curious if I should even bother with the demo version to even see how it works. Considering I just looked at the GCODE from the smallest file I have, a cursive capital “B” five inches high and it’s over 2500 lines, lol.

What code I even pull in to sheetcam that’s less than 180 lines?

Any file with a lot of curves is going to have a lot of lines. Simple straight lines doesn’t use a lot of code but 180 lines isn’t very much.
The demo version does everything except let you process more then a certain amount of lines but you can get a idea on how it works and if you like it or not.

What are you planning on doing the most?

Just make a simple square box or a circle to play with. That will help see how the tools and features work. Could also grab a smaller dfx file off LS’ Fileshare (link at top of page)…

Check out the ArcLight Dynamics YouTube tutorials - they are pretty good!

1 Like

I believe the Fbomb is less than 180.

I figured it out. Simple path, not many lines.

Already I got it installed, working, posting, cutting. Sooooo much easier than Fusion for tool paths. Between Inkscape and Sheetcam it will work fine. Although precision dimensions and placement seems better in Fusion and would be better for “parts”, artsy stuff will be fine with Inkscape.

Inkscape allows you to overtype the location and dimension values shown at the top of the display for any selected object or group. It will also allow ‘math’ so if your part needs to be moved 3.15mm in X, simply go to the X position field, place the cursor behind the current position and type “+3.15mm”
Also, make sure that your Edit->Preferences->Tools setting is set to Geometric Bounding box otherwise your dimensions include line widths which always messes with my brain…

If you’'re doing a simple 2D sheetmetal item, it’s tough to beat the simplicity of Inkscape.

I noticed in Inkscape when you zoom in and out the dimensions change slightly.

I like Fusion with respect to placing things with dimensional constraints, I don’t see this in Inkscape but I may be missing it.

Set smoothing to .001 in Fusion and you will probably be less then the 180.